Not too long ago I had a great lunch at La Mediterranée I decided to get Orrecchiette Al Torchio which translates roughly to “Torched Little Ears.” Orrecchiette is a type of pasta.
Anyway, I really really enjoyed it. So the other night I got home and remembered that the day before I saw a tin of anchovies in the pantry and BAM, I decided to see if I could replicate the tasty lunch I had.
I remembered that the dish had olives in it – though I forgot that it had onions – and I remembered that I had some kalamata olives in the fridge. So I had everything I needed. Except for the orrecchiette. So I used some penne instead. Here’s what I did:
- Boil Water and add pasta.
- Mince two cloves garlic.
- Heat maybe 1 or 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauté garlic, anchovies, and olives.
- Drain pasta and add to the pan – to “torch” it I guess. A few minutes moving it around constantly.
- Put in a bowl and throw on some grated parmesan cheese.
- Eat. Damn. That was tasty and quick to make. Maybe 20 minutes.
And that’s it. Another quick and easy and probably healthy Blog Diet recipe.
And if you’re in the neighbourhood you should totally check out La Mediterranée.
La Mediterranée French Bistro
947 2nd Ave
New York NY